Thursday, January 18, 2007

Finished Projects




We are having a Mixed Media Retreat which I helping to coordinate with Paverpol USA. This will be August 16-20 in White Marsh, Maryland near Baltimore. One of the classes will be taught by Jean Bernard a well known doll artist and she will be doing artsy shoes. Well a giu can't be seen going out to dinner with all these gals and not having something artsy. So since I use a cane to walk I figured I would design a special one for this occassion as well as others when I might teach. what better way when you have to meet people for them to recognize you when they have not met you before let alone it is a great conversation starter.


5 comments:

Jean Bernard said...

WOW! love that cane! This will indeed be a conversation piece. I may have to have one to go with my shoes :) people stop me all the time and ask me where did you get those shoes! I smile and say.I made them of course! lolol
Now you need to do shoes! :)

MaryO said...

Great cane! You will be sooooo distinguished carryinging this beautiful thing! I see our Jean has been here before me! I just discovered your blog but I'll be back to see what you're up to.

Anonymous said...

I just love this cane!!! You are soooo. good. Jean's right, you need some shoes to go with it. I really like your blog too. I've been trying to get started but have not gotten past the set up. Procrastination or distractions oh well

Belinda

Linda Fleming said...

That cane is so kewl! Love it! I painted a cane all funky to use before my surgery. Who wants to use a plain old cane? Hee hee!
Linda

Egglady said...

The cane is awesome. You MUST bring it to the egg show. Talk about a conversation starter. Plus it could get some people interested in attending your retreat. Love the dolls too. As they say, "You've come a long way baby", from when you were here last summer with your first dolls.