Sunday, March 18, 2007

Faerie Bower Egg





I am taking a series of classes with Marilyn Razdat known as the Curator of Enchantment. these classes are working with gourds but I have chosen to substitute eggs for some of these classes. This is teh second in the series and i used an emu egg for this one and it posed some interesting challenges. As the legs are different than the class because of the weight using cut eggs would not support the weight. I also opted in keeping with my earhy them rather than sculpt a musgroom for my faiere to sleep on she wanted to be on a lotus pod. For some reason i have noticed in my work that when i do fairies i seem to incorporate lotus pods in my work with them I am starting to notice.




This was a fun class and I have another one in my mind that I want to get done but it will not house a faerie. It is going to be more of a spiritual theme but still not exactly sure of it's design yet as it is oriental in nature so may go with sort of a pagoda top which is what I keep getting a strong feeling for. i have seen it done with eggs before but not sure how i want to decorate it since will be using mirors on the outside. So maybe i will just have to start it and see where my muse leads me on that one as i create a sacred space. It should be another fun piece to create. But i still need to go back and create the first piece from the series since I signed up late for that class. Then i will post that one soon.

2 comments:

MaryO said...

Aren't you proud of this one, Grasshoppa??!! It's wonderful and must have taken you forever to do all that embellishing! Good job, my friend!

Linda Fleming said...

Wow GrassHoppa!What a gorgeous creation! Looks like you got a lot out of this class and that you enjoyed it. You took some great photos- so clear and they show the detail so nicely when I clicked them and they enlarged.
Peace-
Linda