Tuesday, March 27, 2007

new sculpt in the works




I have been working on this new sculpt these past few days. i have always loved the Celebration doll that Jean Bernard and Sherry Goshon created. I decided that i wanted to do a similar style base as it not done as still have some finishes I may play with doing over the bronze mica paint.


T he face I have painted with white pearl ink with some pink overtones. I have started to Paverpol the fabric that will become the body. I am using a fiber mache body that I got from Paverpol USA and cut down a little with a hack saw.


This piece will be called I think Rising through the Pain. As have some more ideas for inside the skeletal fiber cage but will have to see how that experiment works out.

2 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

Oh GrassHoppa! I love this piece! Looks very intricate and labor intense, but it is going to be so gorgeous. I can't wait to see it finished.
Linda

MaryO said...

Ooh, it's looking great, Grasshoppa! I love the way you work through your ideas as you go.
I'm anxious to see how you dress her!
Love, Maryo