Monday, June 4, 2007

Rodohan has landed!



I have spent the last week working on finishing this gourd sculpt. This weekend I finally finished the wings. They are large velvet wings that when I saw them at a floral warehouse sometine ago I knew they would make great dragion wings. Mind you the plant was 6 feet tall so good thing it came apart in the middle to fit in my truck. I paverpoled the wings then crackled them and used a gold finish.


I now have to find a place for him. Marilyn Razdat suggested that I get a pedestal for him since he commands such a presence. But since space is limited here that is a challenge as the one space I do have i am saving for my next project.


I am now off to the enchanted forest to start creating my houses.

2 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

What a great dragon! Aren't you just thrilled with how he turned out? Looks like you have really enjoyed Marilyn's class. You have sure done some amazing work in her class.
Linda

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and for leaving a link to yours. I love this dragon. What class did you take for this?
Kathy
http://craftwrite.blogspot.com