Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tibetan Blessing Tree is Finished




This morning I finished my tree. This has been such a wonderful journey doing this tree and now I have another one thatI am working on that is totally different in nature. But I am looking forward to making more of these trees.


The mandala inside the tree is one for healing and balance. The four quadrants of the mandala represent the four elements converging to form a unity, healing imbalances throughout the universe and promoting harmony among all beings.Red represents all knowing compassion,green conveys action action informed by wisdom, white symbolizes penetrating insight and yellow represents the treasures of equanamity. Together these forces combine to promote physical health and spiritual well being.


The bowl was made with cotton fibers dipped in Paverpol and molded into a bowl.


I placed this tree outside afterwards so that it may send blessings out to all of you my dear friends.

12 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

Absolutely beautiful! This is one of your best pieces. Love the mandela and bowl. Amazing work, GrassHoppa- ya done good!

MaryO said...

Woooo, this is great, Grasshoppa! I agree with Linda, one of your best!!

Sherry Goshon said...

wow it's so beautiful...all of it...wohooo you must be doing the happy dance...way to go...

Jean Bernard said...

ohhhhhhhhh my Eggie! what can I say? your Tibetan Blessing Tree is your best work to date! I am in awe :0 Stunning, magical, WOW ! and I love the idea of it sending blessings out to all your dear friend.
BEAUTIFUL art work!
Jean

Lea said...

It is an amazing Tree Jeff... I just love it! It has been soooo fun taking these classes with you!

Lois Dean said...

Wow Jeff !! I love your Tree , you did a great job on it , you should be very proud : )

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, so stunning, just amazing!!

Sprite said...

Absolutely beautiful Jeff.
You out did yourself.
Hugs,Sprite

lovestowearhats said...

Oh Grasshoppa!!!! LOVE YOUR TREE and I agree, it's your best work to date!!! OOOOO!!!!

fabricaddict said...

Hey Jeff this is an awesome rendition... you did a fantastic job... thank you for sharing
hugs di

Veleta (Sammy) said...

Oh my gosh... Your art is stunning! I spent a delightful time of going thru your entire blog and each project just amazed me! Am so glad I found your blog...

Anonymous said...

This is so cool.I love it! Reminds me of hindu tree shrines and fairy houses and buddhist goodness all in one! Just found your blog and love your work.