Saturday, June 2, 2007

He now has scales



Well I have spent tme this week working on him and have made progress then my computer went down. i got my computer back and now I couldnt get onto blogger so am using my back up computer .

It has takien me a couple of days to work on dragon man as I have never spent so much time at once on a piece. But I am happy with the results and even surprised myself. There is no way he will be hanging as the weight is just too heavy with all the apoxie I have added.


The pictures do not capture the colors as he is done in pearlescent inks which I love working with. And his underbelly I did with mulberry or bannana paper not sure which as I have rolls of both. I then crackled it and then use blue ink over that for contrast instead of the usual boring black and brown.

2 comments:

JudiA said...

I'm still not getting the "big picture" but I have to say that your crackle effect is SO COOL! I am really enjoying watching your progress on him. Can I ask what are this guy's dimensions, or did I miss it in previous posts...?


JudiA

Grasshoppa's Art Adventures said...

Judi.

He is 24 inches long and 7 inches wide. No you did not miss it in the previous posts.