Sunday, April 1, 2007

getting dressed


Well this piece has to date become one of the most challenge pieces I have done. I had an idea of what I wanted to do but the material just would not cooperate as I am costume challenged. This is a Paverpol project and i had intended to do a draped skirt effect and that turned into a disaster because I like to experiment with different fabrics. the fabric I used is a sheer that had a glitter design and it just did not pan out. So what I wound up doing is turning it into an underskirt. I am now playing with the idea of doing an overskirt in the same material but it will not be dipped in Paverpol. Since this material is not natural it does give it more of a plastic type of look. This could be correectd by applying a finish over it but I do not want to change the color or add more glitter as it will be too overdone. So I will have to see where I am going with the next step as far as the skirt. I am trying to keep an elegant look as I do have some gauze which is my other option to use but think it may be too casual with the glitzy top. Will just have to see where this leads as have 6 days left to get this project finished.

No comments: