Monday, April 9, 2007

Sculpt Is Finished





I have finished Rising From The Pain for now. I say for now because I am not happy with her overskirt. I used up all the fabric i had and am not sure if I can get anymore. It looks good but is not the result I was looking for so eventually I am going to redo that part. As you can see I redid her face fabric. The color was too pale so i mixed some mica poder into some paverpol and went over the fabric and am much happier with the results. also added a gold netted mesh veil for that finishing touch. i also used vintage stones on her headpiece. the bottim pendulum swings from a piece of fishing line and the ball was something I took out of one of my potpourri bowls. I love searching through potpourri as you can find some of the most unique things to embellish with in there. I learnt this from Carol Newton when she did one of her projects. After seeing that it opened up a new door and i search the bargain stores for bags of potpourri as once the scent is gone save the good stuff that you think you can use later on. Or if youa re like me evn if the scent is gone well jsut leave it in the bowl because it looks nice anyway and you have no room to store anything,lol.

2 comments:

MaryO said...

Grasshoppa, she's magnificent! That fabric you found for her skirt is grogeous and her headress...oh my, that's grand!
Oh and I just went back and noticed the faces in the base! Nice work my friend.

Linda Fleming said...

Wow GrassHoppa! She is so gorgeous! It is obvious that you put a lot of work and time into this piece, and boy, did it pay off!
Linda