Saturday, May 26, 2007

A new sculpt





I have been working on a new project. The next project in the series with Marilyn is a Dragon.Well I am behind as this class is ending and the next project begins next week so I am trying to catch up. The class project is more of a chinese style one however I have been struggling with mine since I cut the gourds. Then i realized it was because it was too big and too fat! Also we are to learn to do lyrical shapes and mine did not come out really lyrical but I am happy with the shape.

So i have decided to follow my muse with this one. So here is Dragon Man. Well actually not sure if he is a dragon or what but he is definitely a mythical creature. This is definitely out of the box for me but so much fun in not thinking and just creating with my unconcius brain as one of teh students said. I did try to control one part of my creating today and it looked horrible so took that part off. So this is a learning exercise in this piece.


I was hoping to have him hang from the ceiling but he is heavy from the apoxie.Will need to get some real heavy line if I decide to go that route.

3 comments:

MaryO said...

Love that head! I'll be anxious to see how you complete the body!

Linda Fleming said...

This is going to be so kewl! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I love the grasshoppa gifts your friend from Canada sent you. What a great friend!

Jean Bernard said...

WOWZA Hoppagrass ! I am impressed with your creative journey ! I have not visited your site for awhile and am so glad I have not. I went thru all your art work and see that you have entered many new levels of creativity in such a short time. BRAVO ! and high 5 to you! My goodness! that "door" flung OPEN and you have been on the rise ever since huh? AWESOME work Eggies :)
Jean